Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Personal Facebook page has been disabled by Facebook








This is all the information I have at the moment. I will appeal.

Update: I went through the "appeal" process, which required me to identify very random pictures of my friends on Facebook, some of which were completely identifiable. After "passing", I received another notice. Several other admins on The Girl God page received this notice as well.






This is referring to the Lucy Hilmer series of photographs posted to The Girl God page last week.


"For 40 years, I've photographed myself on my birthday wearing nothing but my white Lollipop underpants, shoes and socks. I made my first Birthday Suit self-portrait in Death Valley, CA in 1974.

Without fail, I’ve faced my camera every April 22nd since then to create a coded history of one woman’s journey through time.

As a girl-child of the 1950s, I came of age before women’s lib, and wanted to buck the stereotypes of a culture that branded me a pretty girl, thin enough to be a fashion model and not much more. Armed with my camera and tripod, I found a way to define myself on my own terms in the most open, vulnerable way I could.

My long-term project will continue for as long as I live. In 2015, I turn 70. I’m currently working on a book & film about my Birthday Suits."





You can see the photographs here.  Apparently, they are not suitable for Facebook.  God forbid they allow anything "beautiful and affirming".

No comments:

Post a Comment